Thrifted this top two summers ago and have never gotten around to fixing it up until now. I think it goes well with the pleated skirt I finished up yesterday from some stash fabric… Remember I made my Walkaway Dress from the same fabric. You will also see it again this week because I finally finished a jumper I’ve had in my WIP (works in progress) pile for forever! I still have mountains of this stuff left. Reminder to self… just cus you can get 12 yards for $5 doesn’t mean you should!
I wanted to show a little bit how I fixed the top. My quick way of taking in the shoulders is to flip the top inside out and flip the sleeve inside then, pin around the shoulder seam to take it in. I then cut the excess off and pinned the sides. And ta dah!
I dont usually pin on my lap but I am trying to rearrange my sewing space and my cutting table is not accessible.
PS I was very happy to open up my e-mail when I got home from work and see I got an e-mail back already saying again they would look into my sewing machine that is m.i.a. yay!
See it here on Wardrobe Refashion!