For my version of the Madison dress I used a teal knit… the fabric had some stretch to it so I decided to eliminate the side zipper (mostly for fear of putting that zipper in) and added elastic at the waistband. I ended up having to take in the sides about an inch and half after putting the elastic in because it was all potato sack like which, was not exactly the look i was going for.
I added alight fusible interfacing to the collar piece to give it the dramatic volume I was looking for.
I also tapered the skirt in a couple inches to give the dress a more fitted vintagey (not really a word but lets pretend) feel.
I am so excited for the weather to get a bit cooler so I can justify wearing this baby in public!! I may have to wear it around the house while its still a 100 plus degrees outside… yucky