I suppose i should show the before before i show the after
I bought this dress at an adorable little church thrift shop in St Helena when I was visiting my sister a while back. I got it for $5 which is more than i would normally prefer to pay for any thrift store item but i just really liked something about this dress so there i went.
The dress has this sort of strange striped thingy in the front which is attached only at the neckline… if u were wondering what the heck that was and how it attached
When i first started to sew (or try to sew i should say) i bought items and made modifications to them before i was ever brave enough to start an item from scratch, soon i was taking in and hemming up a good chunk of my wardrobe. So i knew right away i could change this dress into a mini version and thats just what i did.
I feel almost disappointed because the before picture doesnt really give the half of how badly this dress fit. I most had trouble with the puff sleeves having too much puff and the shoulders being very loose. I took the time and ripped the entire sleeve off and started by taking about 5 inches off of the width of the sleeve which miraculously still leaves them puffy and then reattaching them to the dress. I also added shoulder darts to the back of the dress which helps it not to be falling off of my shoulders. I took the hem up quite dramatically and took the sides in also.
Im very happy with my new little dress and i cant wait for the freezing arizona winter to come so i can put some tights on and wear this!!!