Somewhere in between my mad studying for my nursing finals which start tomorrow I have squeezed in finishing up this dress. The pattern which was Simplicity 3833 was very simple.
Im not the biggest fan of decorative topstitching because i basically stink at it but im pretty proud of this little number.
I made not the smartest fabric choice for the contrast top of the dress… I wanted something with some texture to it and i found this woven fabric for a couple bucks at a thrift store but when i made a pointy mistake with the bust darts and tried to rip the stitches the fabric just sort of tore apart and i ended up have to carefully pick out all the topstitching on the front of the dress and completely redo the contrast part; the only good part was that before i redid the bust darts i decided to add a layer of muslin behind the white cus it was a bit see through and im glad i did this
overall i think it turned out just about as well as i could have wanted and when i put it on I just had to do the twist!