This project has only a couple supplies…
two craft sized sheets of felt in your desired color (you’ll just need one for a smaller flower)
Beads or buttons for your flower center
Hot glue gun or tacky glue
Headband, comb, or safety pin depending on what you
want to do with your flower.
- Start off by cutting in an oval or circle shape into the felt… i myself prefer a more oval shape
2. Continue to cut around and in towards the center of the felt like a spiral.
3. I like to twist mine up into the floral shape before i glue so I can get an idea of the shape I want and this way you can also cut off any excess felt if you wish for your flower to be smaller.
4. I find its easiest to squeeze some glue out and use a toothpick to apply the glue.
5. Unravel your flower and begin twisting and gluing your spiral from the center going outwards.
6. By the time you finish your spiral will be sitting up and this is when i like to place a heavy book on top for a bit to flatten it out.
7. Now you need to cut a base for your flower… I find it easiest just to put the flower on top of your extra piece of felt and cut around.
8. Now glue the bottom piece to your flower… I usually like to place it back under the book for a bit once more.
9. Now you get to be creative… i sewed three buttons to the middle of mine but you could leave it the way it is or come up with some other genius way of making it even cute. I then stuck a safety pin through the back of my flower so i can wear it as a pin. you could easily stick in on a headband or hair clip also.
I hope these directions are clear… Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks